Best Open Source Software Of All Time
Free Software for Windows:- We can understand that excitement of getting a new laptop, however, it gets really perplexing with so many pre-installed software on the Windows. While you may be happy with the fact that you are being offered with a wide range of apps, eventually you will realize that most of them are of no use to you. This software therefore, ends up jamming your computer’s memory adding no value to you.So I present “Best Open Source Software”.
Get your hands on the top free and open source software that can replace those pricey applications quite effectively. So, we handpicked a few must-have software that is not only completely free to download but is the best in the lot. They are simply the best in open source category with first-rate features that are no less than the paid ones.
This software is free of spyware and is reviewed by the best of editor’s. They are segregated into different categories based on their use. So go ahead and download the list and convert your PC into a super device.
Maybe the last time I saw how the Internet Explorer looks was when I downloaded Mozilla Firefox. If you’ve been already using it, you would know how up to date it is with its incredible plugins that let you do so much with your browser. Not to mention those irritating pop-ups which are smartly taken care of by the Firefox. So, if you do not want to end up paying for that upgrade to the IE 11 version or just want a replacement for Chrome, get Firefox today for free. Firefox delivers helpful new features to make your online experience more productive. Chose from over a thousand useful add-ons to personalize and make it your own.
Firefox is updated every five to eight weeks, and you can get an early taste of the latest features by installing the beta version or taking part in Firefox Test Pilot – a way to sample experimental tools that might be incorporated into future releases.
Firefox’s source code forms the basis of many special projects, including the security-focused Tor Browser and speed-centric Waterfox, which is designed with power users in mind.
LibreOffice is a 100 percent free office program designed to meet your needs replacing the Microsoft Office. This cross-platform program helps you with word processing, excel sheet tools, and the presentation maker that does a fair job at no price.
There’s no need to pay for Microsoft Office with this free alternative
LibreOffice is a full suite of office software, including excellent apps for text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases. These are all fully compatible with the latest Microsoft file formats, so you’ll have no trouble sharing files work users of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Documents look just as sharp and professional as those created using paid-for software, and there are hundreds of templates available to download, use and edit. LibreOffice’s huge community of contributors has compiled a brilliant collection of support materials, including a forum and even live chat if you need a hand.
It’s not actually a software, but its a complete pack of all free open source trusted software for your PC.Unquestionably the best of the lot, as it offers a package of applications to be installed in just a single click for your Windows OS. You can either choose a complete pack (Essentials Pack for everyone and Extended Pack for advanced users) or choose to pick individual apps and Ninite helps install all of them in the congregation.
#KeePass Password Safe
Generate strong passwords for your accounts and store them in a secure vault. There’s no shortage of free password managers, but KeePass Password Safe is our favorite open source option. It’s not flashy, but it’s packed with all the tools and features you could want, including AES encryption of your entire database of login details (not just the passwords themselves), two-factor authentication via both a master password and key file, and secure random password generation.
KeePass is tiny, and because it’s a portable program you can carry it on a USB stick, and thanks to an extensive library of plug-ins, it’s easy to integrate with your preferred browser and cloud storage provider.
The perfect tool for recording and editing podcasts, or making music. Even if you have the ready cash for an audio editor, you might choose to stick with open source alternative Audacity. It has almost all the tools you need for recording and refining sound files, and any features it lacks can be plugged with its extensive catalog of extensions. Audacity is the tool of choice for many podcasters, musicians and audiobook narrators thanks to its professional quality results. You can use it to combine clips, copy and paste sections of audio, remove noise and other unwanted noises, strip vocals from songs, alter frequencies, and apply effects like echo and reverb.
FreeMind is a cross-platform mind mapping application that’s absolutely free to use and is especially useful for those who are into research projects or writing and want their ideas to be streamlined into one logical summary. FreeMind is an open source mind-mapping tool for creating structured diagrams. It’s easy to use, with quick keyboard shortcuts for common tasks like creating new ‘nodes’ and applying formatting to keep everything organized. At its most basic, FreeMind uses the familiar system of points (or nodes, as they’re known in FreeMind) branching out from a central topic, with further nodes splitting off each of these. However, FreeMind really comes into its own with its click-and-drag interface for quick editing, plus HTML support that makes sharing and navigating your maps a piece of cake.
Also Read: Top 5 Alternatives to Google Play Store: Get Paid Apps for Free
Developer Tools ( open source )
- phpMyAdmin – handles the administration of MySQL over the Web. phpMyAdmin performs many database administration tasks like running SQL statements, adding and dropping databases, and adding, editing or deleting tables or fields. Operating system: OS Independent.
- Dev-C++ gives you a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as it’s compiler. Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin or any other GCC based compiler.
- EasyPHP – is a complete software package allowing to use all the power and the flexibility that offers the dynamic language PHP and the efficient use of databases under Windows. Package includes an Apache server, a MySQL database, a fully PHP execution, as well as easy development tools for your website or your applications.
- XAMPP – is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP, and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use – just download, extract and start. Operating system: Windows, Linux, OS/X, Solaris.
- jEdit – is a text editor written in Java. It supports auto indent and syntax highlighting for 130 different coding languages, as well as dozens of independently developed plug-ins and macros that make programming easier. Operating system: OS Independent.
- TortoiseSVN – is a really easy to use Revision control/version control / source control software for Windows. It works directly from Windows Explorer and you can use it with virtually any development tools. Operating system: Windows.
- DotNetNuke – is a powerful open source framework that creates and deploys robust modules on the ASP.NET platform. Written by its core team of developers, this book will provide you with the tools and insight you’ll need to install, configure, and develop your own stunning
- AppServ – is an Apache/PHP/MySQL distribution designed to be completely installed and configured in less than one minute. While it works on Windows, the developers recommend Linux for Web or database servers that will be used heavily. Operating system: Windows, Linux/Unix.
- SharpDevelop -is a free IDE for C#, VB.NET and Boo projects on Microsoft’s. It includes a forms designer, code completer, an integrated debugger, and many other features. Operating system: Windows.
- wxWidgets – lets developers create applications for Win32, Mac OS X, GTK+, X11, Motif, WinCE, and more using one codebase. It can be used from languages such as C++, Python, Perl, and C#/.NET.
- Hibernate – is a powerful, high-performance object/relational persistence and query service. Hibernate allows you to express queries in its own portable SQL extension (HQL), as well as in native SQL, or with an object-oriented Criteria and Example API.
- Ultimate++ is a C++ cross-platform rapid application development suite focused on programmers productivity. It includes a set of libraries (GUI, SQL, etc..), and an integrated development environment.
- DeskWeb – applies the iconography and usability of a common Windows desktop system to Web applications. It is familiar and user-friendly and lets users easily learn how-to exploit all of the software’s features. It can be used in various ways, such as a content management system, a company groupware, a wiki, or more. Operating system: OS Independent.
- Zile – is a small Emacs clone. Zile is a customizable, self-documenting real-time open-source display editor. Zile was written to be as similar as possible to Emacs; every Emacs user should feel at home. Operating system: Linux/Unix.
- WAMP5 – installs automatically Apache, PHP, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin and SQLite manager on any Windows system. Was it created in order to make it easy to use the latest version of PHP?PHP5Operating system: Windows.
- MiKTeX – is an up-to-date TeX implementation for the Windows operating system. It is a typesetting program with a complete set of fonts, utilities, and macros.
- TEA – is a GTK+-based text editor that supports a number of different coding languages, but it is especially helpful for writing HTML. It?s very small but includes a file manager, spellchecker, search function, and more. Operating system: Linux/Unix, OS X, Solaris.
- SiSU -is an information structuring, transforming, publishing and search framework. Supported formats include plain-text, HTML, XHTML, XML, ODF, LaTeX, and PDF. Operating system: Linux/Unix.
- PDFCreator -is a free tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application. It allows users to create PDF files from any printable Windows document. As an added bonus, it can also create PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, or EPS files. Operating system: Windows.
- Ghostscript -allows users to convert, view, and print PostScript and PDF files. Different versions of the software are available either as open-source or as commercial distributions. Operating system: Windows, Linux/Unix, OS X, Classic Mac.
So, This is the list of the best open source software. For any other best software that I am not writing here, you can say me in the comment section.