Android 8.0 Oreo introduced a new feature “Picture-in-Picture” on Youtube. It offers to watch Youtube videos while using other apps. It is like the floating window, allow you to move & resize. If you have Android TV, then you may know about it very well.
However, Android O is not available on all Android devices. If your device updated android nougat, maybe you are using multi-window mode to keep watching or listening from YouTube. Unfortunately, not all apps support multi-windows, thus sometimes you need to close YouTube to use other apps.
Well, if you like to use PiP feature on your Android device, you can enable it by a third-party free app called “LiteTube.” It is easy and contains some extra features. For instance, you can play video in PiP mode or even listen to music while your screen is off. It does not use YouTube API; as a result, you do not need to have YouTube account to use this app.
LiteTube is fun & also provides to play videos from YouTube official app as well as browsers like Chrome, Firefox. You can use PiP interface without opening the app. Moreover, it can save your data without rendering the whole video in background mode. That means you can save your battery and also listen to music using fewer data.
- Navigate to Playstore, download and install the app.
- Open the app and search for the video you want to watch or listen. (As it is free, it will show some adds in the bottom, take it easy, it will not disturb you in PiP or background mode.)
- Now, you can see the video started playing in a small floating window. If you just want to listen audio, then press “Headphone icon.” If you are going to watch it as floating window, then just minimize the app or just press the PiP button at the top.
- It is easy to move floating window wherever you want or resize it using long-press. Just single click on the windows will pause and sliding tiny scrubber you can Fast-forward or Rewind. Also, click on the “X” in the notification panel to close.
Play With YouTube App or Browsers.
- Open YouTube app or browsers like chrome and select video.
- Now click on the SHARE button and choose LiteTube pop-up mode. (Use share button in the browser, see the screenshots for help).
- That’s it. It will start playing in picture-in-picture mode.
Also Read: Firestarter Apk Download for Android & Amazon Fire TV *Step Guide*
LiteTube offers some necessary settings to set up according to your need. Open the app and click on the three-dot icon and go to settings. You can change default video & audio format, popup window default resolution, themes and so on. Leave it by default, if you do not want to customize it.
So,try this app yourself