Page Fault in Nonpaged Area is a common error which occurs in Windows PC. There can be several reasons for this error. BSOD or Blue Screen of Death error appear many times in Windows and Page Fault in Nonpaged Area is also one of the Blue Screen error. Blue Screen gives a new error every time and there are various reasons for such errors.
Page Fault in Nonpaged Area is one of the errors of Blue Screen errors. This error usually occurs because of Power Outage and you can’t fix it with few clicks. However, there can be various reasons, Power Outage is not the alone cause of this error. Recently I turned off my PC without Shut Down and when I restarted my PC next day then I ended up facing Page Fault in Nonpaged Area error.
There are various methods also to get rid of this error and there are various reasons too. Here in this article, we have shared some of the working methods to Fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error. This error can appear in any version of Windows whether it’s Windows XP or Windows 10.
Why does ‘Page Fault in Nonpaged Area’ Error Occurs?
Page Fault in Nonpaged Area is one of the error from BSOD. Blue Screen of Death gives a new error every time and every error have a different solution. Here we will be discussing only one error. The main cause of this error is Power Outage or whenever you shut down your PC directly without Shut Down. Faulty RAM can also be the cause of this error. There are no specific causes of this error but Power Outage and Fault RAM are the main reasons for this error.
Your PC’s Antivirus can also be one of the reasons for this error. However, no matter how your PC has got this error here we are for the solution to get rid of this error. You need to follow given methods carefully to get rid of this error permanently.
#Reason 1: The very first reason for this error can be your PC’s Antivirus. In case if you have disabled the Windows Defender on Windows 10 then there are chances that you end up facing this error. This error on Windows 10 will resist you on restarting the PC continuously.
#Reason 2: The second reason for Page Fault in Nonpaged Area can be Power Outage. If you have turned off your PC directly without shutting down properly then there are chances that you will get this error in BSOD.
#Reason 3: Another reason for this error can be the wrong installation of drivers which may be accessing your memory page and not supported by the system. Generally, it happens in Windows 10 when the Graphics Drivers have updated automatically.
#Reason 4: It can also happen when there is no memory page in the properties of the system or you have disabled the Page Memory or have set the wrong value of Page Memory.
Error Details: Blue Screen: Error: Page Fault In NonPaged Area Technical Information: 0X00000050
Effects of Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error
This error can affect your system badly if not fixed properly. Once you face this error then your system may start getting restarted automatically. Even sometimes you can lose your Personal Data if it doesn’t get fixed. You should take proper care while fixing the error.
Fix Page Fault in Nonpaged Area Error
This error means that Windows can’t find a piece of data that is trying to find in the memory. Sometimes this error is temporary and it gets fixed automatically when you restart your system but many times it doesn’t get fixed on a restart. Then you will have to fix this error manually. Here we have shared some of the working methods to fix Page Fault error of Bluescreen.
Method #1: Last Known Good Configuration
- The very first and easiest method to get rid of this error is Last Known Good Configuration of your PC. In this method, your PC will be started from where your PC was working in Good Condition last time.
- If you are stuck with this BlueScreen error then Turn Off your PC completely. Now Turn On your PC again and hold pressing F8 Key. Once you keep pressing this key then you will see Windows Advanced Options menu.
- Select “last known good configuration option” and hit the enter button. Now your PC will be started from the Last Known Good Configuration where your PC was working fine before getting this error.
- Now restart your PC and this time keep pressing the F12 key. Once you keep pressing F12 then you will find a menu. From there select Disable Memory Cache. Now save the Settings and exit the menu.
- Now let your PC boot completely and then press Windows+R key.
- Now enter “chkdsk/f/r C:” and hit the enter button.
- That’s it, Now you will not face BlueScreen or Page Fault in Nonpaged area error anymore.
Method #2: Disable Paging File Manager
If the above-shared method didn’t work for you then here we have got another solution for you. This is just a simple trick which will disable the Paging of File Manager. Follow below steps to know more.
- At first open Control Panel of your System from settings and then click on System and choose Properties.
- On the left-hand side click on Advanced System Settings.
- Now click on the Settings under Performance menu.
- Now hit the Advanced tab. Click on Change button under Virtual Memory option.
- After that uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives” and select No paging file.
- Now keep pressing OK until you get out of all the Windows Dialog box and Restart your PC.
Method #3: Disable or Update the Faulty Drivers
Another way to get rid of Page Fault on BlueScreen error is by updating your Drivers or disabling faulty drivers. If you have faulty drivers on your system then also you can face the blue screen of death error. Follow the below-given steps to fix your faulty drivers.
- Open Control Panel of your PC and then click on Device Manager from the left-hand side.
- Now Find the Driver which you have updated or installed recently.
- Then click on the Roll Back Driver option.
- You can also try Uninstalling the driver if you that that particular driver is causing the issue.
- If there is any faulty driver then you need to reinstall or uninstall that particular device.
- If any of your drivers are showing Yellow Sign in front of its name that means the driver is faulty or corrupted. You need to update or uninstall that driver.
- Once you have done the update on your driver then restart your PC.
Method #4: Check & Re-insert RAM
Another reason for Bluescreen error can be your RAM. If your RAM is not inserted properly or your RAM having some issues then also this error can appear. To fix it remove the RAM from your system and clean it properly with some good stuff. But make sure that you have turned off your PC completely before removing the RAM.
Once you have shut down the PC remove RAM of your system and then Re-install it properly. If your RAM is damaged or having the fault then you will have to replace the RAM of your PC. After inserting RAM turn On your PC and check whether the error is fixed or not.
Method #5: Uninstall Antivirus
If you have previously installed any Antivirus on your system then also there are chances that you end up facing Page Fault in Nonpaged Area. To get rid of this error Uninstall or Disable your Antivirus completely and then Restart your PC. Though there are rare chances that Antivirus becomes the cause of BlueScreen error still you can give it a try.
Method #6: Recovery Partition
The last method to get rid of BSOD is via Recovery Partition. If you are still facing the BlueScreen error even after trying the above methods then here is another solution for you. Latest Laptop’s or PC’s allows you to restore PC to factory default state by Recovery Partition.
This method will reset all your personal data to make sure that you have taken the full backup of your personal data before following given steps.
- Turn Off your PC or Laptop completely.
- Now restart your system and keep pressing the F11 button for Recovery Options.
- Now select Recovery Manager from Recovery Options and hit Enter button.
- Once Recovery Manager opens proceed for the recovery process.
- Once you are done with Recovery Process then Restart your PC.
So we have shared the complete guide to getting rid of Page Fault in Nonpaged Area. There are various causes of this error and various solutions to get rid of this error but here we shared some of the working methods to get rid of this error. I hope that you might have got rid of this error by following above methods but still if you are facing same error or having any query related to BSOD error then please do let us know via the comments section below. We would happy to hear from you.
Also, do not forget to share this guide with your friends in case if they face same error so that they can fix it easily. Keep visiting us for more updates.